Uneven skin tone is a phenomenon which occurs as a result of pigmentation of skin cells due to exposure to the sun and accumulation of dead cells on the surface of the skin. Excessive exposure to the sun damages the skin and in order to counter this, the body promotes the melanin production to the affected area. With time, these regions tend to appear darker than other zones of the body.
Uneven skin tones are more apparent in the visible areas of the skin such as face, hands and legs and may prevent you from getting that flawless, radiant look. They even make you appear older than you actually are and with time begin to appear as blotches on the skin. It is paramount that you take prompt action because the earlier the problem is tackled, the easier it will be to solve. In this article, we give some key tips to correct uneven skin tone.
1. For starters, avoid being under the sun for long hours. pico 皮秒 The sun’s UV rays can play havoc with the skin and cause it much damage. But in case, you are sun bathing on beach, there is little respite that you can get from the sun. At such times, apply a sunscreen to shield yourself from the harmful sun beams. However only use sunscreen creams having SPF (Sun Protection Factor) of 15 or more and apply it atleast 30 minutes before being out in the sun.
2. Exfoliate your skin once every 4-5 days. Dead cells which linger on the face can cause the skin to look extremely dull. Removing these dead skin cells will aid in growth of new skin cells and will help you get back that radiant appearance.
3. Keep your skin always hydrated by drinking plenty of water every day. It is advised that you drink on an average 7 to 10 glasses in a day.
4. Apply a skin lightening or bleaching cream on the dark areas of the skin. These work by reducing or stopping melanin production in these areas thus helping the skin to acquire a lighter tinge.
5. If you are a smoker, then it’s about time that you quit the habit. In addition to restricting blood flow, smoking also prevents oxygen and nutrients from reaching the skin which then translates into dry skin or skin with uneven complexion. Thus it is imperative that you refrain from smoking if you really are concerned about your skin texture. Also massage your skin regularly so as to remove the dead cells and to improve blood circulation.
6. You can also opt for treatments such as microdermabrasion, chemical peels or laser assisted technology to rid uneven skin tones. However do proper research before jumping into such treatments because they can be expensive and there is also a chance that you may contract infections following the procedure.
Eliminating uneven skin tones completely may take time but it is extremely important because that you take initiative because without this, it is next to impossible to get a clear, dazzling skin. These tips will hopefully help you in your quest to get an even skin tone over time.